Mount Galunggung - West Java

West Java is the region which has the largest population in Indonesia. West Java has a lot of tourism place such as Mount Galunggung which located in Tasikmalaya, West Java, Indonesia and has a height of 2.168 meters above sea. Eruption craters feels like a lake when you see from the top of Mount Galunggung.
On 04 until 05 of March I got new challenge to visited Tasikmalaya and explore Mount Galunggung, Hot springs in Cipanas and Kampung Naga Village with @backpackerjakarta . We are consist of 19 people, some of them like Ibnu, Almira, Itha, Diwan, Cipo, Berlian and etc. In this opportunity, we were led by Yuti and Danna.

Finally the day was coming, at arround 10.30 P.M we start from secretariat office backpackerjakarta to Tasikmalaya and left Jakarta used Elf. Maybe At arround 05.00 A.M we arrived at Galunggung Basecamp. Some of us take some breakfast and prepare to see the beautiful of sunrise. Yeahh!!!

I think, this mountain is very friendly. Because in there have 620 stairs and made to facilitate the visitor reach the crater rim. For me this is very amazing! You know why ? because this is first time for me to treckking with stairs. So lets we try our foot!! Yeahh!!


Maybe at arround half an hour, all of us already arrived at galunggung crater. I think I can't see the beautiful of sunrise because I arrived at the top of crater maybe at arround 06.30 A.M, but actually I got it!! I'm so happy and won't forget to take a lot of picture!! 







After take a lot of photos, we had some drink and prepared to go down and feel the water under the Galunggung crater. We go down by the crazy treck. You know what ? we should to pass a lot of small stone and that's very smooth!!. Along the way to go down, I'm being the last person because I had difficulty to pass the trek and I said that is not easy for me and at the time I was using sandal !! But I want to say thank you so much for Ibnu because He change Him trekking shoes with me. I'm very grateful because Ibnu and Cipo never leave me to go down. Yeahh!!








Next, after we enjoy the beautiful water of Galunggung crater and take some photos, we ready to climb again to go back. Yeah, maybe at arround one hour we already at Basecamp and take some rest for a while time and prepare to go Hot springs in Cipanas. Finally, I said in my heart!! Hahahaaa.

The time goes by, maybe at arround 10 minutes start from Galunggung basecamp, we already at hot springs in Cipanas - Garut. All of us feel so happy because we was tired after trekking in Galunggung, we can take a rest in there. But in fact, some of us including me, can't enjoy the hot spring water. So, just 12 people of us to feel that water in the pool. Why just 12 people of us ? because that hot spring water very very hot!! I feel dissapointed!!  Finally, because we have already in there, I take decision to take a bath in there and you know, water in the bathroom was very hot just like in the pool. Damn!!! Hahahahaaaa....... I can't say anything at the time!! But now, we must try to use that water, because all of us didn't take a bath from yesterday. Smell right !! Hahahaaa..... 
Without spending a lot of time, at arround 12.30 P.M we going to Kampung Naga village. And maybe at arround 02.00 P.M we already arrived in there. During explore Kampung Naga Village, we got one problem, the problem was rain. Fortunately, all of us have raincoat and jacket so we can explore Kampung Naga Village comfortably. So now, we ready to explore, take a lot of photos and also I don't forget to find out about the history of Kampung Naga Village. This is my favorite section!! Because I will give more questions for the guide!! Yeahh!! Hahahaaa.... Forgive me before!!

During walking in Kampung Naga Village, we were led by one of people who live in there. He told us about the story and history the place, what can and can’t do in Kampung Naga Village. To explore, we must to go down a stone stairs of around 439 steps. Along the way, you will take many photos because of the breathtaking views of the rice fields and rapids from the stream. Their lives can blend in with modern society but still maintain strong traditional customs of their ancestors. And they embrace Islamic religion. I'm sure, You will marvel at how these villages goes about their daily life without electricity and the guide invited us to visit his house. I am impressed by their cleanliness. They refuse to use electricity for lighting and use they use petromax and traditional wares for cooking. There is a simple kitchen, a bedroom, a living room and they live helping each other with one another. 













Many people are afraid to travelling anywhere that will give them some culture shock or do things that make them uncomfortable. But I have different thinking. Because when we travel we can learn a lot of things. Traveling is one of the greatest experiences one can have. It forces us out of out comfort zones and teaches us new things about ourselves, life, characteristic of some peoples, and learn from histories, cultures, arts and meet different peoples when we went another place. You know friends, you just don’t always learn what you expect to learn but sometimes the lessons come at unwanted times!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Pedalaman Suku Baduy - West Java

Onrust and Cipir Island - Thousand Islands

Explore Ranca Upas And Situ Patenggang - South Bandung